Sunday, June 5, 2011

My 1940s dress, completed


As you can see, I finished my 1940s dress. It's a tad bit large for me, unfortunately, but it does the job. Underneath the dress I even have an authentic 1930s bra. So pretty! Too bad no one will get to see it, or WILL they?  



 Here's some more fun acting pics from "A Picasso" at the Broken Leg Stage, featuring the splendid Jaguar Bennet as Picasso. I'm, of course, that gal on the right.



You can't really see the hem of my dress below, but I'm REALLY proud of it!  I won't get to wear my hat very long in the show, but it's still there on the table in spirit.


I also bought a garter belt and seamed stocking from WhatKatieDid.com.  Now, to work on those Victory Rolls some more!

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely! And the bra looks wonderful! You know, you remind me a lot of the actress Susannah Harker, especially in profile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out fabulous! The hat too! And of course, if you're going to Costume College there IS Sunday Undies when we all wear our undergarments to breakfast and show them off ('cause we spend so much time on them they really do need a moment in the spotlight on their own). Your pink bra is so cute!

    ReplyDelete