Am I lucky OR WHAT?
...I get a package in the mail from Benefit asking me to try out their new skincare line... for FREE! Imagine my surprise! It's like Christmas!
|My current Benefit Cosmetics collection|
|Honestly perfect packaging. I am reeling with excitement!|
I was SO excited about getting the package that I tried out the new So Radiant skincare line a few hours later in preparation for attending my very first Rogue Festival show!
1) First I cleansed my face with Clean and Clear's sensitive foaming face wash.
2) Then I used Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion. It's basically a very light exfoliator, similar to one I use from Sephora, with Benefit's brand you get 3 times more. I love the scrubbies! This product leaves skin feeling clean without any stickiness. Also, something that was surprising to me, is that after scrubbing my face, my zits were actually less red and less noticeable (See below). Go figure! Maybe the pore-reducing claims are true, after all.
|EEk! My terrible un-makeuped face. Gag.|
4) Lastly, I put on the It's Potent Eye Cream. I have this pet peeve. People at work keep saying I look tired, which bothers me because I'm actually NOT tired. This is their hint to me that I look bad, I guess. Well, this So Radiant eye cream definitely brightened my under-eye circles. I will be at a wedding tomorrow, so I won't be able to try the at-work "tired test" until Monday. We'll see how they react.
5) To top it off, I covered my zits with my Erase Paste which I absolutely SWEAR BY whenever I get these horrid breakouts. It works wonders on hiding the red spots and scars, specially when I use That Girl Primer underneath. I truly miss my Play Stick which meshes so perfectly with my primer but I can't afford to buy a new one just yet. So, in keeping with my Benefit theme for tonight's outing, I topped everything off with my Hello Flawless Powder coverup which, to tell you the truth, I'm really not a fan of. HF just doesn't seem to cover evenly for me; It gets blotchy on my skin, possibly because I try to cover more around my breakouts. I just truly prefer liquid/stick foundations over powder. Ugh, I miss my Play Stick!!! Maybe someone will give me a giftcard for my July birthday? Hmm?
6) I also added my secret weapon, High Beam on my cheeks and below my eyebrows.
|Another attractive shot.|
7) I put on a little lipstick and my favorite mascara in the world, Bad gal Plum which gets me at least one complement a week for bringing out my blue eyes.
So, all Benefitted out (and with my 50's black taffeta skirt on)... how do you think I look?