Thursday, January 27, 2011

1840s Dickens Fair Chemise and Drawers

In September 2010, I decided to make a dress for Dickens Fair (due to some gentle encouragement from a friend).  Keep in mind this would be the second thing I had ever sewn (and this design seemed slightly more complicated than a regency gown).   
So, I bought Simplicity 3727's Civil War Pattern:
and made the chemise and bloomers from Simplicity 9769:

I thought it would be a good way to ease into a complicated dress design, and I guess that was true since the chemise had some insanely hard gussets. I didn't even know what a gusset WAS before opening the pattern!  Also, no where on the package or on the pattern was the fact listed that the bloomers don't close up in the back. Just so ya' know.  

That part turned out okay, I guess:

No comments:

Post a Comment